Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Today's Devotion

Gifts!

You have every gift from God while you wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to come again~1 Cornithians 1:7

This time of year we think a lot about gifts, what we are going to get, what we are going to give, and how to arrange them under the tree~something that I still have fond memories of
arranging and rearranging gifts under our tree as a kid (Cammie and Mom do you
remember me doing that? I dont remember having any help probably b/c I wouldnt
allow it:)~and as Aiden began to take the gifts from under the tree we
rearranged our gifts....just as I remember doing as a kid. It was a wonderful
moment shared with the boys on a somewhat trying day. A local family has been on
my heart and mind a lot lately as they face their first Christmas without their
son, brother, husband, and father. I can imagine that this family is having a
difficult time seeing the gifts God has granted them with as they wait to be
reunited with their loved one. BUT we all have a wonderful gift that is too big
to fit under any tree, the gift of salvation through Jesus' life.

On a rough day whether dealing with tantruming toddlers, mourning the loss of a loved
one, or just waking up on the wrong side of the bed remember the wonderful gift
that we all have!! I think when we recognize this wonderful gift it helps us see
the other gifts that have been given to us by HIM. For me today it was seeing
Aiden taking the presents from under the tree not to unwrap them but placing
them on the couch so he could rearrange them, taking me back to a wonderful
childhood memory~God allowed me to recognize that gift today even though I was a
bit frustrated with Aiden not taking a nap today. I pray for those families who
are facing Christmas for the first time without their loved ones that God will
provide comfort, peace, and allow them to see the gifts they have as they wait
to see their loved ones and Jesus.

In God's Love,
Sarah

No comments: