Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Today's Devotion

To God be the Glory!


"Let them praise your great and awesome name. Your name is holy! Psalm 99:3", "For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me~Luke 1:49"

We serve an awesome and amazing God!! Sometimes its hard to praise
HIM when we are struggling or mourning a loss of loved one but I know I find
comfort knowing that everything is according to HIS plan not mine, and he does
do great things for ME.

This morning I spent a lot of time in prayer
for our nanny,Karli, who 1 year ago today lost her best friend in a car accident
in which she'll be traveling the same road later today as she drives home. As
Karli arrived this morning I asked her how she was doing and I could sense her
sadness and offered her a hug which she accepted and appreciated~as I was
leaving she thanked me for the hug! I tell you this not to bring sadness to you
but as a way to illustrate how God can work through us. It was definately a God
thing as we shared that hug, I could tell she was comforted by me allowing
myself to listen to God and give her that hug. It also got me thinking why HE
chose to take such a young christian home and only HE knows but I wonder if HE
saved her from pain that may have come her way, or maybe there were many
children who needed her energetic, and loving care and compassion (of course I'd
never met her but do know she and Karli babysat together through high school).
Now for the friends and family that she left behind although painful they know
she is with her Heavenly Father. And maybe through the loss their faith has
become stronger.

As humans we often think that we deserve all the thanks
and appreciation. I must admit that my top "love language" is that of
appreciation; and although it is nice to be appreciated and thanked, we need to
stop and thank who to really give our thanks and glory to. Its something I'm
constantly working on...especially when it comes to writing these devotions...am
I writing to get positive feedback and "pats on the back"---yes that is nice,
BUT who allows the thoughts and interpretations to come to me...God, so he
should recieve all the Glory and thanks!

As we get closer to Christmas
remember to give HIM praise and reflect on all the wonderful and great things
he's done for you!

In God's Love,
Sarah:)

No comments: