Monday, December 20, 2010

Today's Devotion

Whatever we need he's there!




"For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation~Psalm 100:5 "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.~ Isaiah 9:6, NLT"





I love these verses, dont they offer such encouragment on a dreary Monday morning? This is going to be kind of a short devotion because the verses seem to say it all. It's hard to understand the love God has for each of us, but I think it can be somewhat compared to the love we have for our children. No matter what I know that my parents love me unconditionally and the same goes for my love for my wonderful children. I continue to love them when they hit, bite, and scream at me. I may tell them that I don't like their actions but always tell them that I will always love them. I think that God may feel the same way towards us he may not like some of our actions but his love for us never fades. And when we do or say things that may not be very godly isnt it comforting that HE is not only our Everlasting Father, but also Wonderful Counselor. We can go to HIM in prayer and say "God, help guide me". And when we have conflict with loved ones we can go to him as Prince of Peace. I know from experience that when Nathen and I have a conflict its easily diffused when we refocus our energy on God. God is always there whether we need counsel, peace, or a father...No matter what we've done, thought, or experienced God is there. As we get closer to celebrating Jesus' birth let us not forget all God has done for us.



In God's love,

Sarah



No comments: