Thursday, December 23, 2010

Today's Devotion

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!

Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him
with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are
his we are his people, the sheep of his pasture~Psalm 100:1-3

As I woke this morning I was instantly in a great mood as today is a bit of a special day,
Dec. 23rd as a child was the day we would celebrate our Christmas. We are all
excited about celebrating Christmas on Christmas this year with my parents,
sisters, brother in laws, my aunt, and of course my 5 neices but Dec. 23rd will
always hold a special place in my heart as I have so many childhood memories
that occured on this day. Okay now you may all be wondering what this has to do
with this verse well not a whole lot but hopefully I'll tie it together
here.

Just as I woke up happy this morning, as Christians we have the wonderful joy of knowing God as our savior!! So regardless of the day we should always wake up with a joyful heart, and singing him praises. This time of year is a wonderful time of year to do just that, I know I've often gone into work
singing Christmas songs, so go ahead and celebrate this morning knowing that God
made you and loves you!

Here's one of my favorite Christmas Songs to get you started:

What Child is This
What Child is this
who, laid to rest
On Mary's lap is sleeping?
Whom Angels greet with
anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?

[CHORUS]
This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds
guard and Angels sing;
Haste, haste, to bring Him laud,
The Babe, the Son
of Mary.


Why lies He in such mean estate,
Where ox and ass are
feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is
pleading.
[CHORUS]

Nails, spear shall
pierce Him through,
The cross be borne for me, for you.
Hail, hail the
Word made flesh,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.
[CHORUS]

So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh,
Come
peasant, king to own Him;
The King of kings salvation brings,
Let loving
hearts enthrone Him.
[CHORUS]

Raise, raise
a song on high,
The virgin sings her lullaby.
Joy, joy for Christ is
born,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.

IN God's
Love,
Sarah

No comments: