Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today's Devotion

Christmas time Confessions!

For you, O Lord, are the most high over all
the earth; you are exalted far above all gods~Psalm 97:9

Okay I must admit that I'm a bit stressing about Christmas. Just a few weeks I remember
hearing someone say they were stressed about Christmas and I thought "why, its a
wonderful time of year" well now I am, nothing major. Just trying to figure out
what gifts to give to family members that I barely know; part of me just wants
to skip the gifts even though I love giving gifts, its hard to shop for people
that you do not know. But is that what Christmas should be about? ABSOLUTELY
NOT...Christmas SHOULD be about doing just what this verse says, rejoicing,
exalting, and praising our God who reigns forever and ever!

It's sad for me to think that people, myself included get so stressed out about this time of
year. True it usually means more time with family, which can be anxiety
provoking for some, not for me but I know some people who are not as blessed as
I am with regards to family. True it can be a financial strain trying to budget
for additional spending. But all those stressors do not compare to the wonderful
gift we've received by the gift of Jesus! That is worth all our praises, so lets
all stop stressing and remember what Christmas is all about!

In God's
Love,
Sarah:)

No comments: