Friday, December 3, 2010

Today's Devotion

Forever Thirst Quencher!!

Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He
who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be
thirsty." -- John 6:35

Okay as I titled this I cannot help but think of
Gatorade..which I think claims to be a great thrist quencher or something. Yes
our body may be quenched by our fluid and food intake. But what about our
spiritual intake? I know I feel I'm running on empty spiritually sometimes
especially in the middle of the night when I'm trying to calm and comfort a
fussy toddler as I was last night with Evan. However in my haze of sleepiness
and frustration you know what made me feel better? singing Jesus Loves Me to
Evan. At that moment I needed some spiritual rehydration and even at 2:00 in the
morning was reminded who provides what we need when we need it! Yes I was
still tired but not near as frustrated because I got a little shot of spiritual
comfort that I so needed, as did Evan needed a mommy that was somewhat hydrated
spiritually!!!

Our bodies may feel hungry and thirsty from time to time
and the majority of us fulfill that need as soon as we possibly can. AND we
should take our spiritual health and intake as important, when we feel
ourselves slipping away from our relationship with God WE NEED to rehydrate, and
feed our souls; and remember what a wonderful quencher it is ~ and its available
to us anytime, anywhere!!! Yes even when we are very busy we can say prayer,
instead of watching a sitcom we can read our Bible, the list goes on and on. If
we continue to recognize the importance of spiritual "diet" we will never be
hungry or thirsty. So go ahead take a big bite and gulp of the wonderful bread
of life that has been given to us!

Have a blessed
weekend,

Sarah:)


No comments: