Thursday, December 2, 2010

Today's Devotion

Waiting, thanking, and being loved!




"I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him.~ Psalm 62:1, It is good to give thanks to the LORD,

to sing praises to the Most High. It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening~Psalm 92:1,2"



Sorry for no devotion yesterday, it was a wonderful day of playing with the boys and fellowshiping with my wonderful mom, and just didnt have time to write a devotion.



I know I've written before about waiting, and I guess I feel like that is what I'm doing right now in our current family life situation with Nathen working on the road. We are waiting, and praying that his company will get a job closer to home so he can be home every night. As I was visiting with my mom last night I admitted that I often feel guilty for complaining because we have so many blessings to be thankful for, our kids are healthy and happy, we have a wonderful extended family, Nathen and I have a healthy marriage, we have money in our savings account, roof over our heads, vehicles to drive, the list goes on and on we do have a blessed life. BUT I miss seeing my hubby every night and the boys miss playing with their daddy everynight. I've been praying more frequently that God will somehow get Nathen closer to home, and also thanking him for all the blessings. I know that all prayers are answered we may just have to wait patiently for them to be answered. All the while I know God is a faithful, and loving God and maybe that is why we are going through this right now so we can really see his work in our lives.



As I'm writing this I'm recalling one of the boys' bible stories about the blind beggar, it asks "did his parents sin", "did he sin, is that why he is blind?" and Jesus answers no he is blind so my work could be seen and then he sends the blind man to a river to wash his eyes and then can see so I'm just praying, and waiting patiently for Jesus to wash away the blindless of not seeing Nathen every night just as he did with that blind beggar. Whatever you are waiting for today remember that God is loving and faithful and to just wait patiently and be faithful in your prayers. If you need prayer partner please let me know I'd be happy to pray for you.



In God's Love,

Sarah:)



No comments: