Monday, November 22, 2010

Today's Devotion

Being Thankful: My hubby Nathen




Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.-- Colossians 3:15



Sorry for the long break, its been a busy but wonderful weekend. I wanted to share with you why I'm so thankful for Nathen today, as a married couple with 2 small children we rarely have the chance to say how much we appreciate one another but this past Friday presented an opportunity for us to do just that. Some may have already heard this story and well Nathen you already know it, but I just have to tell it again. Okay Friday morning as I was pulling up into the church parking lot for our MOPS meeting in which I was presenting on ways to prevent powerstruggles, Nathen called and said "I have a little gift for you" feeling almost like a child I excitedly said "Can you tell me now what it is or do I have to wait". He then said I can tell you it's not that big of a deal, I replied again pretty excited "tell me". He then shared with me that in the gas station he was at earlier there were decals for cars and he looked through them and saw one that made him instantly think of me, it was a picture of young girl kneeling under a cross with "Real Women Pray" written on it. It meant so much to me that he saw me in that way, a praying and faithful woman. I instantly told him how much it meant to me, and he being a guy probably thought I was a little silly for reacting the way I did but I think he understood and respected why it meant so much to me. After drying my tears of joy I entered into the church for my MOPS presentation and meeting, and shared the story with other moms as a way to illustrate when we live our lives like Jesus wants us to, others around us will recognize and begin living their lives in similar ways. This past weekend both Nathen and I have really seen what a blessed life we have. Yes it is a challenge for all of us having him gone during the week for work, but that is temporary (and we are praying very temporary). I've been really trying to listen to God in every aspect of my life, and I think like this verse says it has brought peace in every aspect of my life. I'm not as short tempered with the boys, and I am I think(I guess Nathen can vouch for that:) a more patient wife to a wonderful husband. Today and every day I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who through a small gift really opened my eyes on how following Christ can affect those around me. I hope through me sharing this with you today you'll realize the affects a Christ lived life can have on you and your relationships.



In God's love,

Sarah:)

No comments: