Monday, November 8, 2010

Today's Devotion

Angels?




"And God never said to any of the angels,"Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet." Therefore, angels are only servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.~Hebrews 1:13,14"



As I was driving to work this morning I was feeling a little light headed and it took me back to about 2.5 years ago when I had a similar feeling while driving and to this day I know an angel was with me. I wanted to share this experience as a way to show how we are protected by God's angels everyday, but as I scoured the scriptures something else was made clear to me, angels are merely God's servants. They would not have a "job" without the guidance of God's hand. In fact much of the scripture I found regarding angels was the devil trying to tempt Jesus and Jesus' rebuttal and redifination of what angels' roles are.



The event that happened 2.5 years ago could have had a very different and traumatic outcome if God did not choose to send his angels to protect me, and give the truck driver behind me quick reflexes and alertness that still amazes me to this day. That day I was very thankful for the angels sent by God. But do I pray to angels? Of course not the only deserving ONE of prayers, worship, and praise is our Heavenly Father who is 3 in 1 (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). Through the Holy Spirit we can live like Jesus lived if we only listen to the words, actions that God has placed in our hearts through the Holy Spirt.



Yes I appreciate that God sent that angel on that day, but I'm more thankful for the debt paid by Jesus for my sins. Today I encourage you to be thankful for the angels that may have been placed in your life throughout the years but also remember who placed them there and praise HIM today!



In God's Love,

Sarah



No comments: