Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today's Devotion

ABCs of God's Love

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes
like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place
remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is
with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--
with those who keep his covenan...t and remember to obey his precepts.~Psalm 103:15-18
(NIV)


Okay today I'm kind of cheating...I read my devotion
last night and one of the activities was to define God's love with each letter
of the alphabet. And this morning I received this verse in my email box about
the everlasting love that is God's love!! In our life we have challenges,
stressors, but isn't it reassuring that just as flowers die, leaves fall, and
wind blows them away so are our challenges and stressors fade and don't linger
with us forever. Yes I know when you are "in the thick of it all" it seems as if
it is never ending. But today I challenge you to think of God's love instead of
those stressors, you can help me complete the ABCs...if anything it will serve
as a nice distraction from the stress you are facing, and more than likely reset
our focus to what is everlasting and forever, God's love for us. Okay here we
go


A~Awesome or Always (Aiden's new thing when its time
to leave anywhere is its okay mommy Jesus is with me always you can
leave:)

B~Boundless
C~Compassionate
D~Determined
E~Everlasting
F~Forever
G~Grand
H~HUGE
I~Incrediable
J~Jesus' death for me
K~King of Kings
L~Love
M~Magnificant
N~Neverending
O~ONLY
P~Patient
Q~Quiet
R~Respectful
S~Sustains
T~Timely
U~Undeniable
V~Valued
W~Wonderful
X~Xciting(okay I know how to spell but couldnt think
of anything that started w/ X:)

Y~Yeilding at NOTHING
Z~Zebralike (okay I know this one will need some
explanation~yesterday while I was playing with Aiden and his leapfrog thingy I
learned that each Zebra has different stripes similar to our fingerprints, each
is unique~well God loved us so much to make us each unique with special skills,
gifts, and if he did that for Zebras just think of the love he has for you and
me:)


Wow that only took me 10 minutes, try it you will
feel much better about those daily stressors and challenges that you may be
facing right now.


In God's Love,
Sarah:)

No comments: