Monday, November 1, 2010

Friday's Devotion

Christian=Pumpkin?






You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven~Matthew 5:14-16.



A friend of mine posted this on facebook earlier and although simple I think quite true:

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God takes you and washes all the dirt off of you. He scoops out all

the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate and greed. He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine

.........for all the world to see.



I'm not a very crafty mom so can not say I know how to carve a pumpkin but I still love this metaphore. The work has already been done for us through God's sacrifice of his only Son on the Cross. To piggyback on yesterdays devotion, no sin is too much for God's love, he's already paid the debt. All we have to do is accept him as our Savior and let his light shine through us. Yes this can be difficult at times, but in my experience when I'm doing what I know God whats me to do it feels good regardless of the consequences! So on this almost Halloween evening and all the days that follow be that perfectly carved pumpkin that God has made you and allow his light to shine across your neighborhood.



Have a safe and Happy Halloween



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: