Thursday, October 28, 2010

Today's Devotion

New Name




And you will be given a new name by the LORD's own mouth.~Isaiah 62:2



I've tried to keep my evenings after the boys go to bed more sacred, spending time reading a christian book I recently purchased and praying instead of wasting time on facebook~I was finding myself spending 2 hours a evening on really nothing. However last night I found myself on there again for just a few minutes and initially I was feeling quite guilty that I had fallen off the wagon so to speak but then one of Nathen's high school classmates had posted a link to a video of the new Tenth Avenue North song "You are More". I love this song so had to check out and share the video with my friends. I went to bed after posting the video praying that someone who needed to see it would view it. But I also had the thought that some naysayers may think oh this Christian group is just singing about what makes everyone happy and its not true so this morning I looked for the scripture which shows that yes we are more, and even given a new name!!! Take that naysayers!!! The video paints all the names, lables, emotions, and failures we may experience in our life in chalk on the chalk board and then shows all that being washed away. Yes through God's salvation, love, and grace all of what we've done in our lives is written in chalk not stone.



He's given us a new name, yet we may not know what that is all the other names, titles, lables that we've ever had are washed away. I've always loved my name although sometimes get annoyed by so many others with my name, but I've been labled other things that were hurtful, I remember when I was in 4th grade being called a Prep and it was not a compliment and was crushed by these words, other labels I've endured have affected me in both a negative and positive way but even the most postive lable I think will not compare to the name God has for me as he waits for me in Heaven.



Today if you have about 3.5 minutes I encourage you to check out the Tenth Avenue North video on youtube. If you don't have time please know that God loves you and wipes away all those nasty names, actions and sins.



In God's Love,

Sarah



No comments: