Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Today's Devotion

Stormy Goodness?

"In your distress you called and I rescued you, I
answered you out of a thundercloud~Psalm 81:7"

How often do we call upon
the Lord when we are distressed? I know if you are anything like me probably not
as much as we should but yesterday something amazing happened. I was visiting
with a great friend whom I don't see often enough, we were talking about how our
blessed life can be stressful and challenging we by no means regret any of the
blessings given to us, but also recognize the challenges that come with those
blessings. We both agreed that we needed to hand all of our stress over to God,
but that is hard and often difficult to interpret God's answers to prayers. Well
here comes the amazing thing...I was headed back to work but ended up at a
Christian book store, it was if God literally took the steering wheel and drove
me there. I'd been wanting for awhile to do a Bible study with Nathen and
through somewhat of a "thundercloud" of being the normal disagreements that all
married couples find themselves in;  finally I listened to God and got our
materials.  Although I hate disagreements and arguments that are had between
loved ones especially Nathen, I'm thankful for our most recent because it
brought to focus things that I need to work on and we need to work on together
as a couple. I'm sure I'll be writing about my need to reliquinish control
soon:)

If you are weathering your own storm please be sure to listen to
God through those thunderclouds you will be so thankful and fulfilled.


In God's Love,
Sarah

No comments: