Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tuesday's Devotion

Helping HIM




"Help him to defend the poor, to rescue the children of the needy..~Psalm 72:4"



I thought this was an interesting verse, I never thought of how I can help God but rather I'm usually focused on how God can help me!! I'm sure I'm not alone on this right?:) But what an awesome responsibility and privledge to have, to be able to help God while we are here on earth. I know I've writen before about being the hands and feet of God and doing onto others but today lets focus on not only being his hands and feet but also being his little helpers~with the same excitement and eagerness that toddlers have cleaning up toys---those parents out there with little toddlers know what I'm talking about, theres nothing better than watching Evan pick up toys proudly. You may ask how can we do this there are so many poor and needy out there. Well I think it starts in our own homes, as I write this I'm drinking a Route 44 Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper because Aiden was up much of the night, he was a child in need of comfort and sleep last night, and sadly I was not too helpful in meeting that need. Nope i was frustrated, irritated, angry and well yea tired. He wasn't upset or scared but just awake. I'm not sure if Aiden's being awake from midnight to 5 am this morning was God's way of showing me of how to help the needy children or just reminding me of my blessings of healthy children. Whatever the reasoning for Aiden's wakefullness last night it made me realize that the neediest of children may be in our own midst. Yes, our own children may need us more than any other child in the world. We can help God by being with our children and raising them to serve HIM. You may be thinking...sarah shouldn't we give to the poor and the really needy? Yes we should but I think its important to make sure the needs of our own children are being met as well, so if I want to help a local charity out why not bring my children along for a wonderful lesson of giving to others while spending valuable time with them. I apologize if this is coming across as a bit lectury its really me lecturing myself. Lets HELP GOD by helping each other in our own homes and communities.



In God's Love,

Sarah





No comments: