Monday, October 18, 2010

Today's Devotion

Thankful Heart




We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.~Psalm 75:1



This morning I really wanted to find a scripture to express the love and importance of my wonderful husband, on our 7th anniversary, but couldn't seem to find just the right verse to express what I wanted, so decided to "just read in my Bible" and this was the first verse in the chapter. Yes I'm blessed to have a loyal, hardworking, funny, and loving husband. But who placed him in my life at the right time? God, with a little help from my sister and brother in law who set us up:). I'm thankful today for my wonderful husband, my mom who prayed constantly for a godly husband for me, and God for answering her prayers and placing Nathen in my life. I'm thankful today for Nathen, and the wonderful years we've had as a couple. Yes, we are like any married couple with our share of disagreements, but at the end of the day we love one and are each others best friend.



Earlier today I read my mom's devotion, and it was short but a great one, MOM. It was on how our lives would be so much more painful and difficult if we did not have God. Just the thought is saddening to me. When I'm having a rough day I pray, I talk to Nathen, I call my mom, I read my Bible. Without God none of these things would even be possible, I'd just be miserable and alone. Thankfully though we do have a God who DOES answers prayers, and place wonderful people among our midst. Some may be for a season, some a life time like my wonderful husband, Nathen. Happy anniversary Nathen, I love you!



In God's Love,

Sarah



No comments: