Thursday, September 30, 2010

Today's Devotion

FEAR NOT




"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.


We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:18,19"


"Do not fear what they fear[a]; do not be frightened."[b] But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect 1 Peter 3:14-15"



It's been laid on my heart to write about fear today, maybe it was something my mom shared with me yesterday...FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real. I love this, and I think it is really true. I searched for the scripture that I wanted to use today but couldnt locate it, but in the process found some that I think are pretty wonderful too. If anyone knows the scripture that says "Fear not for I'm with you" let me know where to find it. Thanks:)



Okay back to my devotion. I think what my mom shared with me is true, we often do not attempt things because of this emotion which most likely is not even accurate or even real. This morning I was driving to work and they had Christian Psychologist, Kevin Leneham (I think that was the last name) anyways, he was talking about how if we all lived life simply on our emotions most of us would probably end up in jail with one another. Yea, if I acted the way I feel when angry I may end up behind bars. But with that same thought lets look at Fear, if we live our lives by giving into this emotion what a boring life we would lead. I know some of my friends have loved ones going through very challenging times, in which nothing is certain, and fear is an overwhelming present emotion, and for those I encourage you to read the above verses. Whatever you are facing know that God Loves you and will be with you. And as far as the second passage I hope I can give answers to those who question their faith in a way that is gentle and respectful. This is something that I'm continuly working on as I try to let God's light shine through me. So today if you are a bit fearful about a decision, medical condition or the future look at the word...FEAR and see False Evidence Appearing Real, and turn your eyes towards the word LOVE (I tried to come up with a cool thing like my mom had for FEAR but couldnt come up with anything...i'd love your suggestions:), the love family, friends and most importantly the love God has for you.



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: