Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Today's Devotion

True Beauty




"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight~1 Peter 3:3,4"



Sorry this is arriving so late in the day. Its been a busy but blessed day. Eventhough I was busy today I did have time to read my daily devotional which is convienently located in our bathroom...you moms can appreciate this right...only place you MAY have a few minutes to yourself:) Anyways, this was the scripture I read this morning, and it has stayed with me throughout the day. What a blessing that in itself is. We live in a society that is unfortunately focused on our outward appearence of beauty instead of our True beauty, our spirit, and love of the LORD. I'm often pretty vain about my physical appearence...requiring a shower, make up, and clean clothes before going anywhere. This has changed dramatically since becoming a mom, don't worry I still shower daily...but I may go out in public without makeup and even with dirty clothes on. I had a wonderful opportunity today to reach out to young parents at the toddler fair, and although I was there for work I could still let my spirit shine through in the words I spoke, and the behaviors I showed towards them. Today I witnessed several examples of true beauty as the Bible has laid out for us and thought I'd share them with you:

~The brighteness in a toddlers face when running around on no nap, and the mothers laugh and smiles watching it.

~The beam a nana has when her 2 grandsons snuggle up to her to listen to her read them the Bible

~The friendly hugs between 2 young friends as their play date ends

~The proud feeling felt by a friend as she shares her toddlers accomplishments of the day

These are just a few things that I think God would think would be beautiful and I got to witness them ALL today!!! So what true beauty did you see today? I'm sure it wasn't the latest fashion magazine!!!



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: