Monday, September 27, 2010

Today's Devotion

Forgiven




"Though we are overwhelmed by our sins, you forgive them all.~Psalm 65:3"



Anyone else ever become totally overwhelmed by the mistakes and sins we make on in my case a daily basis? I'm sure I'm not alone we are humans who unfortunately sin. Sometimes I wonder why I make the mistakes I make, and often it almost feels as if someone else makes those mistakes like I'm not in control, something I hate to feel. Now I don't mean to sound totally crazy but I think sometimes Satan tries to get power over us and so we slip and act, say, or do things which are sinful. For me right now the greatest sin I'm struggling with is being short tempered with the ones I love most, Nathen and the boys. And honestly last night I felt like well I've already yelled, ridiculed, and been mean there's no going back...you know "damage is already done, who cares" attitude. Well someone very important DOES CARE, HIS name is Jesus, but he does not care in the way that we may think. He's not standing there over us with a ruler waiting to elicit punishment upon us, no HE has forgiven us for all of our sins and he's waiting for us not to punish but to feel his love and forgiveness. Now this doesn't mean that I can go around sinning and hurting people at will, but what it does mean is I can pray to be more of the parent and spouce God wants me to be, and eagerly work towards that goal through scripture reading, fellowship and prayer. YES I know I will continue to sin, just as every human will but I also know that when I do I should not become anxious, overwhelmed, or stagnant because God has already forgiven those sins. So today whatever sins are lurking in your mind from the past know that they are forgiven and submit them to GOD and let go of that overwhelmed guilt feeling.



Here is a song that I love because it is all about being Forgiven in Christ's love



FORGIVEN AND LOVED

Romans 8:1, Ephesians 3:17-19

Written by Jimmy Needham, Ryan Wayson and Blake Samperi



Tell me I’m forgiven and loved

Cause I hear it from the street corner priests

On how God is love and how man can be clean

But my joy has been on holiday

And my peace has almost passed away

Tell me I’m forgiven and free



CHORUS:

O I tried and tried to rectify my hopeless situation

But I bought the lie I still have work to do

Now I’m working nine to five like I can earn my own salvation

But there is no condemnation in You



O whisper to me now that its for real

Cause in the silence of these walls righteousness lost its appeal

Dirty deeds have done me in

O but that can’t stop the Faithful Friend

Giving mercy once again as You heal

Here it is I’m feeling it



CHORUS



O He died He died to rectify my hopeless situation

And His blood commands my guilt to leave

Now on Calvary I stand

Empty pockets open hands

O there is no condemnation for me



CHORUS



Child you’re forgiven and loved

Child you’re forgiven and loved

Child you’re forgiven

And Child you are loved

Child you’re forgiven and loved



In God's Love,

sarah



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha, I will test my thought, your post get me some good ideas, it's truly amazing, thanks.

- Murk