Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today's Devotion

Jesus and the Little Children




"Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these; And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them~Mark 10:14,16"



Today I wanted to focus on little children since its Evan's birthday, and although we've had a wonderful day my heart continues to be heavy from the news of local little baby passing recently. I can't imagine loosing one of my children, and am so thankful that they are both so healthy. I don't know the Drago family personally but know many people who are affected by their loss, and I feel sad for them, as I cannot imagine loosing my children. So today really wanted to hopefully provide comfort to those who are mourning this loss of Baby Cade.



I think this verse really illustrates what little Cade is experiencing today, being held by Jesus along with all the other babies who have entered into heaven before him. We really don't know this side of Heaven why little ones are taken from their parents at such a young age but I hope it provides comfort to the family and others that their loved one(s) are being held and are out of pain, and happy in heaven. Again I can only imagine that it is a long, difficult, and painful road as you continue to live on Earth without your child and maybe just the picture of your child in Jesus' arms can help you get through to the next day.



Today I ask whoever is reading this to be thankful for your blessings, and pray for those families who have lost their children.



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: