Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Today's Devotion

The Key


You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life...~ Deuteronomy 30:20, NLT

Arn't we all looking for the key to the "good life"? Of course we all have our definations of what the good life may look like. For me to sum it up in one word is happiness. Happiness in my relationships, happiness in my job, happiness in my service. This morning while I was driving to work I heard something that convicted me in that I need to spend more time obeying HIM, and listening to HIM. I think I have the listening to HIM thing down pretty well, you know I've often been described as a "great listener" but its that whole obeying HIM thing that often is more difficult. What convicted me is that I need to make my husband top priority after God. As he can atest, Nathen is most often maybe 2nd, 3rd, honestly probably 4th or 5th down the list. Other priorities are not necessarily wrong or bad, my children, church, outreach groups for moms, and work but nevertheless they do not need to be above my husband. I've been almost in tears throughout the day thinking about this. I think we often shaft our spouces because we know they love us and will always be there. And I honestly believe that no matter what Nathen and I will grow old together, but today I really heard God telling me that I need to spend more quality time with him through exploring the Bible together and doing a Bible study together. I was planning on doing a womens bible study but that fell through and I think it was God's will HE wants my study in the bible to be with my husband and to fellowship with my number 1 earthly priority. I think the key to happiness, and life is exactly what this verse says, listen and obey God. I pray that Nathen is as excited as I am about this new venture we'll take together and will want to do a Bible study with me. He is so supportive in all of my ventures so I'm hopeful the same will be true for this, but still I'd appreciate your prayers.



Sorry that this devotion is more of a journal than a peice of encouragement today.



Wishing you all a blessed and wonderful day,

Sarah

No comments: