Monday, September 20, 2010

Today's Devotion

No Enemy too much for OUR GOD!

"for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.~Psalm 61:3"




Okay yesterday while I was running one of Nathen's favorite songs came on my Ipod. I like it too, and it really got me to running a bit faster as its a bit upbeat. But while I was listening to the lyrics I knew I had to share them with you, and wouldn't you know it the chapter I read today goes right along with it? Yea, God works like that!:)



I've tried several times to copy and paste the lyrics of the song with little success so if you want to check it out its called Dear X (you don't know me) by Diciple.



We all have our enemies whether it be a person, our own emotions, addictions, obsessions, computers:) whatever it is we all have our "X". But if we look at the verse above those enemies can never reach us when we are surrounded by God's love, and trust and faithfully serve HIM. One of my enemies is my own self, I tend to be very critical, and emotional, often taking words of others too personally. I've cried many tears over the years, and although I still probably care too much of what others think of me it is comforting to know that I can seek refuge from these emotions, and oftentimes distorted thoughts easily by focusing on my relationship with God, and digging into HIS word.



So whatever X you are facing today know that you can find shelter, refuge, and comfort in God's love.

Blessings,

Sarah

No comments: