Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yesterday's Devotion

Thinking before you talk




May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer~Psalm 19:14



We have all heard the rule about thinking before you talk, havn't we? And if anyone is like me have been burnt a few times by not following this rule. Several months I learned a valuable lesson about the words I speak, through hearing the exact words I said coming from my 3 year old son. Something I'm not proud of is that when I'm angry and or frustrated I will say words that are not pleasing to God. I have made a conscious effort to hold my tongue (and instead pray for patience)when I'm frustrated, but unfortunately that does not mean that my son has not forgotten those "bad words" when he's angry, frustrated, or just wanting to get mommy mad. Yes the words I used because I did not think before I used them continue to disappoint my Heavenly Father. We never know how the words or thoughts we use have a lasting effect on those around us, not to mention hurting and disappointing our always loving God. Its a constant goal and challenge to keep my words and thoughts pleasing to the Lord, but it is definately one that is important to me!



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: