Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Today's Devotion

Let HIM Light your WAY!




You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:28,30



I read a book several months ago, The Shack, which is a wonderful book and something I remember about it is as humans we often have a difficult time giving up our independence and totally trusting and depending on God. It is difficult but if we relinquish our control to HIM he will light our way. Anyone that has a toddler knows that they are very much intrigued and entertained by flashlights (at least my children are). Just think how our lives would be different if we showed the same enthusiasm following God's light as our children show following the light of their flashlights. Yes I know it is difficult it is human nature to crave independence and control. I think the longer we think we can do everything on our own the less we are able to let our own light shine to others. And you know what if we allow him to light our way HE will provide a shield for us for whatever we may face in our lives. So go ahead give up a little control and let HIM light your way, the benifit will far outweigh any sense of loss of control you may have. One benifit is that you'll be able to let your light shine brighter for HIM.



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: