Monday, August 2, 2010

Today's Devotion

Message through a sunset!




I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes~Psalm 17:6,7



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I've decided to keep my devotions for Monday-Friday as I try to maximize my time with family on the weekends. Anyways, our weekend went extremly too fast, and last night I must say I was calling out to God quite a bit during VBS when my children were in rare form. Aiden could not sit still during the worship part in the sacturary instead deciding to blow air in people's faces (I'm still trying to figure out where that came from) once I took him out of the sacturary in the bathroom to talk to him he began calling me names, and I was about in tears. He continued to call me names off and on throughout VBS but did do pretty well but when he wasn't misbehaving Evan seemed to pick up the slack by running around, laughing, and well just trying to be cute---which he knows he is, but not really listening to the Bible Story. As we returned home I was frustrated, angry, and embarrased although the women at the church were very comforting and supportive ensuring me my kids "were not that bad, and we've all had those times with our kids". I was still emotionally exhausted and told Nathen he could do bathtime, I was going to the store for groceries. Well on my way to the store there was a wonderfully beautiful sunset, and right there in my car I realized God had answered my prayers earlier that night, my children were not perfect by any means but who is and they could have been much worse, my friends and other helpers at VBS were very comforting, and through that sunset I could feel God's comfort although he was saying "Sarah, I know you are tired, frustrated and angry but I'm here". Not to sound too crazy but just seeing that sunset made me feel God's love, comfort, and almost creating a refuge for me emotionally. As we did bedtime I prayed to God for more patience with the boys, and that the boys would sleep well. And wouldn't you know it Evan slept until about 5 this morning in his crib (which hasn't happened since well forever!) and Aiden slept well too. I know I have a blessed life but still there are challenges and its so comforting to know that my God is always there to give me a big hug wheather it be something in nature that brings a smile to my face like a sunset or a restful slumber, God answers our prayers because he loves us so much.



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: