Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today's Devotion

Where do we put our Trust?




Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall,

but we rise up and stand firm. O LORD, save the king! Answer us when we call! Psalm 20:7-9



I don't think many today put their trust in chariots or horses but still may put their trust in something, someone other than God. Some may put their trust in their job, relationships, education, themselves, ect. When we put our trust in our God we will not be disappointed. Even the best job, relationships, education can disappoint, but God is always loving, comforting and supporting. And he does answer prayers. I have a story to share about an answered prayer today. I received a texted from our nanny stating the boys had been good but everything else was having her down and to check my email. Thinking the worse I immediately checked my email to see that she had misplaced a new library book and movie they had just checked out earlier in the morning, and asked I pray that they be relocated. I was so relieved that nothing serious was wrong with her or her family and encouraged that she asked for prayer about finding them. And would you know it someone had found the book and movie and returned them to the library, she quickly informed me that their is great power in prayer. I know that this is a little thing compared to all the major prayer requests out there, but to me its comforting that God cares about our little requests just as much as the large ones. See the thing is I think we should trust in God for everything whether it be a sick infant, terminally ill elderly, or lost items. So the next time you loose your keys, books, whatever it may be instead of saying "why can't I ever keep track of anything" say a prayer, you'll feel better and most likely find the misplaced item much faster. Happy praying and trusting in God!!



In God's love,

Sarah

No comments: