Monday, August 30, 2010

Today's Devotion

The Race!




Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.~James 1:12"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.~Hebrews 12:1"



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, I think we had one of the best weekends in awhile. This morning God laid it on my heart to write about perserverence, he placed these two verses in my email box, and I really couldnt figure out what to write about this morning from my reading in Psalms so took that as a sign from HIM to write about perserverence:) Anyways, I'm not sure about you all but I know I'm guilty of just accepting the status quo of spiritual, family, and work life. This can be a very easy thing to fall into but it can also create a very stagnant environment with little excitement, change, or vigor. And sometimes we may be tempted to just give in to this type of life. As the Hebrews verse illustrates our life is sometimes like a race, and let me tell you I was very tempted to quit the race Saturday morning after the first 200 or so yards, I could barely see(with an eye infection had to wear my glasses and didnt have sunglasses), my legs ached, and I just wasnt feeling it at all. But I listened to the Christian music on my ipod and before I knew it I was at the finish line. Not to minimize the trials in our life at all but if we refocus our energies on what we have and on our ultimimate prize which is a Heavenly Home with our Heavenly Father we can make it through the race of life.



I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record but we can keep our focus, motivation, and perserverance through our relationship with God which can be encouraged by those Christians around us, Christian music, and of course time in HIS word.



On this Monday morning perservere whatever tasks, trials, and challenges that are ahead of you be encouraged by God's word, fellowship, and praise.



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: