Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today's Devotion

Obey and Rejoice?!




Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the LORD. So rejoice in the LORD and be glad, all you who obey him! Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!~Psalm 31:10,11





As a parent and a child it may be hard to understand the concept that obeying begets rejoicing. Disciplining children is both challenging and necessary and when done right we can rejoice instead of pulling our hair out! Monday I went to a wonderful conference on conscious discipline its main theme is to discipline ourselves first...calm ourselves down

and then state what behavior we want to see as well as naming the feeling for the child. I've tried a couple of the techniques with my children and I must say they have reduced power struggles, and frustrations emmensley and well have had me rejoicing. It's wonderful to see my children listen and obey! Well I think the same is true with our relationship with God except he is PERFECT and never becomes frustrated, angered, or to the point of pulling his hair out when we disobey him. NO his love is neverending, and although he may be disappointed he never stops loving us. Yes sometimes as adults we may be defiant towards our Heavenly Father, but if we only obey him he will bless us tremendously. For example writing these devotions, and posting daily scriptures was something I knew HE wanted me to do and at first I was very nervous and almost didn't listen to HIM because I didn't want anyone to take offense to them. BUT I am so glad that I listened to HIM because I have been able to reach out to more people, and been blessed by more Christian relationships with friends. So yes today lets all OBEY HIM and I promise you blessings will follow.



In God's Love,

Sarah





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can' t but agree.I always wanted to write in my site something like that but I guess you' r faster.