Friday, August 20, 2010

Today's Devotion

Our Hiding Place




You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surrond me with songs and diliverance~Psalm 32:7



Hide and seek what a wonderful childhood game. I still have great memories of playing this at a child, particularly after church on Sunday and Wednesday nights, Mom and Cammie do you remember this? Anyways, maybe this sticks out in my memory because we in the safe haven of the church grounds so we all felt safe, of course as children we probably wern't thinking that but just enjoying a great game with great friends.



Evan in the last few days has discovered his shadow and is quite frightened of it often screaming and crying running into my arms trying to get away from the strange dark figure that is chasing him. I become his safe hiding place from what he perceives is a scary creature. As adults I think we can relate to trying to run away from our scary creatures, whether its distructive relationships, addictions, or other worldly influences. We may be tempted to just give into these creatures but we will always have a safe hiding place from these in our Loving Heavenly Father. I imagine HIM picking us up wiping our tears away and sing to us just as I have done with Evan several times this week as he hides from his shadow. So today if you are struggling with your own scary creatures know you have a safe hiding place with Your Loving Heavenly Father. And as always if there is anything I can pray about for you please let me know.



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: