Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Todays Devotion

Our navigator and copilot




"Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. I trust in you, O LORD; I say You are my God My times are in your hands.~Psalm 31:3, 14,15"



Yesterday I wrote about our Eternal Healer, and today well I'm going to write about our God being our Navigator and Co Pilot---Yes our God is that awesome to have many job descriptions:)



Often we may feel lost in the world and sometimes surrounded by unbelievers who may not understand it when we say "let me pray about that" but that does not mean we need to stop relying and turning to HIM for direction. We need to constantly remember and consult HIM to ensure we stay on our spiritual path. I think we get into trouble when we think we can do things on our own without the guidance and comfort God provides as he guides and leads us.



I know in my relationships when I start becoming the center of it instead of having God be the center of our home conflict always arises. But when we turn our focus, and trust God we will be blessed. Now I'm not saying that we will have no conflicts, trials or disappointments but they will be easier to manage because they are in God's hands and we just need to look for him to lead us.



So today whatever you faced with ask yourself "Am I trying to do it all on my own or am I looking to God as my copilot"?



One of my favorite songs right now is exactly about how having God at the center of your relatonships. Here are the lyrics.



Lead Me by Sanctus Real



I look around and see my wonderful life

Almost perfect from the outside

In picture frames I see my beautiful wife

Always smiling

But on the inside, I can hear her saying...



“Lead me with strong hands

Stand up when I can't

Don't leave me hungry for love

Chasing dreams, what about us?



Show me you're willing to fight

That I'm still the love of your life

I know we call this our home

But I still feel alone”



I see their faces, look in their innocent eyes

They're just children from the outside

I'm working hard, I tell myself they'll be fine

They're in independent

But on the inside, I can hear them saying...



“Lead me with strong hands

Stand up when I can't

Don't leave me hungry for love

Chasing dreams, but what about us?



Show me you're willing to fight

That I'm still the love of your life

I know we call this our home

But I still feel alone”



So Father, give me the strength

To be everything I'm called to be

Oh, Father, show me the way

To lead them

Won't You lead me?



To lead them with strong hands

To stand up when they can't

Don't want to leave them hungry for love,

Chasing things that I could give up



I'll show them I'm willing to fight

And give them the best of my life

So we can call this our home

Lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone



Father, lead me, 'cause I can't do this alone







IN God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: