Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Today's Devotion

Our Forever Healer




O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.You turned my wailing into dancing....and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever~Psalm 30:1,11-12



I think we've all told a loved one, especially our stubborn hubbies--"go to the Dr" when they are ill or hurt, but how often do we tell others or ourselves for that matter "go to God you need a spiritual tune up?" No if someone is hurting or ill we may say "I'll pray for you" which of course is helpful, supportive, but I think we should also take that opportunity to pray WITH that person if at all possible. Now the same is true for ourselves we need to check ourselves and take everything to the LORD as he can heal whatever wound we may be burdened with.



As some of you may know several years ago I struggled with body image issues, and although sometimes irrational thoughts about my body pop up its nothing like it used to, and within minutes of prayer get back on track. I had the wonderful opportunity to see my Dr last week, I had a nasty eye infection, and the last time I saw him was when I was 19 or 20 and in the griphold of those body image issues, and he told me if he saw my weight any lower he would hospitalize me. I remember thinking at the time, "he doesn't know what he's talking about". But when I saw him last week for my eye he remembered me and I could feel myself almost beaming as he said "you are so healthy now". It was a hard time in my life all those years ago but God helped and continues to heal me, and because of that I can't help but rejoice and dance for the love he's given me.



So today what are you dancing and rejoicing about? How has God helped you? You don't have to respond to those questions but just reflect on how HE has helped you through a difficult time in your life. And if you are currently in that difficult time make an appointment with Forever Healer, there is never a waiting room and he's always on call for you!



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: