Monday, August 9, 2010

Today's Devotion

Temporary Hurts




For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!"2 Corinthians 4:17, NLT







On this monday morning I am presented with several tasks here at work but before I start those tasks it helps to know that these troubles are temporary. As I've said several times I do live a blessed life but still daily challenges affect me in negative ways I may snap at those I love, or may fall short(well very short oftern times) in living like Jesus, or may be mocked for my beliefs. I'm thankful to live in a society that most respect our beliefs and Christianity, but we may still run into some folks who may ridicule, mock, or belittle our faith in Jesus. Although these remarks may hurt our feelings in the long run they are temporary hurts. Just think if we all lived our lives knowing what lays ahead of us in Heaven. Of course I have no idea what heaven will be like but I do know our loving Father will be there with all other Christians. I can imagine there will be a lot of my favorite activities, food (a lot of chocolate maybe:), and more importantly the loving fellowship of God and other Christians. Yes some of those Christians may be people that we may not get along with very well here on Earth but once we get to Heaven I think we will all see each other as God sees us so we will all love each other unconditionally. Yes the problems that we face today although may be difficult they are temporary and if we turn our focus towards God which is a neverending loving relationship we can get through everything.







In God's love,



Sarah

No comments: