Thursday, August 12, 2010

Forgiveness

Okay this post is really just going to be a journal for me to collect my thoughts, and who knows maybe help someone along the way. Anyways this past week has been emotionally exhausting as you may have noticed from some of my devotions. I know in the Big picture of the Life GOD has blessed me with the situation is very minimal but I'm having a difficult time forgiving someone who hurt me tremendously. This person is someone I respect, love, and care for so it is painful to have no commincation with her the past few days. However, I can't seem to forgive what she has requested and said to me, and have taken the attitude of "waiting it out until she apologizes" I have prayed a lot about this, and the issue of concern is regarding disciplining our children and I feel that no one has the right to tell us how we discipline our children unless we are paying them for a conference or therapy or something. When I pray I wonder if I'm just hearing what I want to hear "Sarah, I love you thats all that matters, you are a great mom and you are raising your children to follow ME" and filtering out what is difficult to hear "Sarah I love you and so does this person forgive them and move on". And I wonder if the person who hurts me is only hearing what she wants to hear "Guide her, support her, help her" and filtering out "let her live her life I will watch over her". My human side does not want to forgive, I want an apology!!! This person knows how much my feelings were hurt but continues to stand her ground saying I need to change how I'm raising our sons, particularly our 3 year old. Like I said I want an apology I dont want to forgive her!! So tonight I'm scouring The Bible on Forgiveness for some guidance

 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive me their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins~Matthew 6:14,15"
 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you~Colossians 3:13"
"Be kind and compassionate to one another forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you~Ephesians 4:32"

Okay i think I know what I need to do, but it will be very difficult, and will probably hurt my husband since he is very angry about this situation as well and is all in favor of the "wait until she apologizes" option.

No comments: