Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yesterday's Devotion

Test me and Try me




"Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth~Psalm 26:2,3"



The last 24 hours has been quite dififcult and emotionally draining for me but last night as I was praying about this situation I was comforted knowing that I live my life for God and his love is stronger than anything I am or will experience. Then this morning I read this and again felt comfort that in the big picture of life the trials, hurts, and dissapointments we endure are truely a test. Will our faith waiver when relationships are strained, jobs are lossed, love ones die, or disagreements arise? For me NO WAY, I will continue to walk with HIM, knowing he LOVES me and any experience in my life that is painful is temporary and a test for me to always focus on HIM.



As I write this I can't help but think of a song about the relationship with God. The last 24 hours I've been so thankful that I have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. Since this is a pretty short devotion thought I'd share the lyrics with you



More Like Falling in Love by Jason Gray.

Give me rules

I will break them

Give me lines

I will cross them

I need more than a truth to believe

I need a truth that lives, moves, and breathes

To sweep me off my feet

It ought to be



More like falling in love

Than something to believe in

More like losing my heart

Than giving my allegiance

Caught up, called out

Come take a look at me now

It's like I'm falling, oh

It's like I'm falling in love



Give me words

I'll misuse them

Obligations

I'll misplace them

'Cause all religion ever made of me

Was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet

It never set me free

It's gotta be



CHORUS



...It's like I'm falling in love, love, love

Deeper and deeper

It was love that made

Me a believer

In more than a name, a faith, a creed

Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me



No comments: