Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NOT JUST RUNNING BUT FINISHING THE RACE!!!

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace~Acts 20:24

We have all heard the saying fight a good fight, run to the finish line, and I recalled this verse as I read it this morning, but never noticed or remembered the first part of it, my interpretation we are worthless unless we share the gospel and do God's work here on this earth. I'm far from a biblical scholar so please feel free to correct me if my interpretation is incorrect. But for now I'm going with I'm right because I feel God placing this on my heart tonight:).

At the end of our lives will it really matter how clean our house is, what our occupation is, our education is, or prestige in a community (the list is endless of what we often put importance on, isn't it?). NO what will matter is that we finished the race of life by shining the light of Jesus to others. I know I'm sounding like a broken record but as Christians I think its our responsibility to tell others of God's grace and love. And if we don't I think we are running the race of life half heartedly. Most of you know that I ran in High School and 2 years at Juco, and although I'm not blessed with the natural running talent that my sisters have I'm proud that every race I ran I finished even if I was one of the last ones:) I strive to live my life in that way: running to the finish line for God's glory. Yes its difficult to go out on a limb and testify, show God's love, and reach out to unbelievers~but if one of them end up believing that to me is worth the challenges that may come along with it. So lets run the best race and finish strongly telling others about the ultimate Winner, God.



In God's Love,

Sarah

No comments: