Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Always and Never Shaken


I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken for he is right beside me~Psalm 16:8 NLT

As I woke this morning I was really looking forward to reading my bible, taking a shower, and writing my devotion. Well my plans were squashed when Aiden and Evan both decided to wake up at 6:15 too. Determined to have a good day I sang to Evan while showering to keep him happy, singing Jesus loves the Little Children while Aiden looked at his new children's bible we just got inthe mail yesterday. Then we read the boys' devotional book in which it had this verse, which I so needed today. Throughout the morning I've really been reflecting on this verse, how would our lives be different if we went about our daily business knowing God was right there with us. Personally I think we would all be a little bit less hurried, less stressed, and more happy. So I've remembered that today that God is with me, whether it be unintentionally hurting a good friend, dodging slaps from a 3 year old, or showering God has been with me. And as a human I've felt a little shaky, and out of control (especially in the last hour as I tried to get Aiden down for a nap) I've tried to keep this verse in mind--God is with me with him I can handle anything. I know that I am so blessed and really hate complaining about "my problems" because I know they are really minor but as any parent or friend knows in the moment of conflict whether it be with an adult or child it can be stressful, so whatever you are facing today know that God is there, and he will provide sturdy, strong, and firm ground for you to land on if only we just acknowledge and know HE is ALWAYS with us.



In God's Love,

Sarah



No comments: