Thursday, July 15, 2010

Never Unanswered Prayers


"Then when you call, the Lord will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply~Isaiah 48:9 NLT"



As I read this verse today it took me back a couple of weeks ago to the Jonny Diaz concert (which ironically I'm actually wearing the t-shirt I got there??:) anyways, during the concert he talked about how all prayers are answered, but sometimes the answer may be "wait". He also shared how he enjoyed country music but thought Garth Brooks had it wrong the best gift is not Unanswered prayers, because all of the prayers are answered, we just may receive "wait" as the answer. It kind of reminds me of when we were children, we would ask mom about something, and she would say ask your dad, and then he would tell us to ask mom...until they both decided upon an answer to give us.



To piggy back on what I wrote about yesterday God is always there, and always listening, we just need to call upon him, and know that he will respond quickly. Sometimes the response may not be what we want but it will be what HE wants for us, and he knows our needs, desires, and all of us better than we know ourselves, not to mention he LOVES us more than anyone on the earth can imagine! So today if you are praying and feeling a bit like Garth Brooks and not getting your prayers answered, know that they are it just maybe a different answer than what you expect, the answer of "Wait". Maybe tomorrow I'll write a devotion on patience:)



In God's love,

Sarah

No comments: