Saturday, July 17, 2010

Be Patient

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes~Psalm 37:7."I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry~Psalm 40:1".

Well as promised I'm writing about patience today, and I'm reminising a childhood song that we listened to quite often on a record player...yes I'm that old. Mom and Cammie probably remember it as well, it went "Be patient, Be patient, don't always get in such a hurry remember be patient" that is all I can remember right now but I know there was a line about God taking care of everything --Mom and Cammie please feel free to chime in and help me:)



Anyways, even though patience was taught and modeled for me at a young age it is still very difficult to practice and I think I'm not alone. We live in a very instant gratification society when we expect speedy service, and instant replies. How often do we wait in the check out line and think "wow what a wonderful thing to rest for a minute"? NEVER we usually are thinking "can this checker be any slower" or "why is that person writing a check just use your debit card!" Yes I'm guilty of this too, and if we slowed down a little we may see that the checker is doing his/her job perfectly and probably being very friendly making small talk with a customer, and shouldn't we exchange the same friendliness and slow down?



With our relationship with God it can be very frustrating to see all the bad things going on around us. I'm not going to get too political but it saddens me to see what a change our leaders are today from when our country was established, our forefathers had Christ at the center of their decisions. And thankfully we still have a small glipse of that with National Day of prayer and some states establishing a separate day of prayer. But overall I think we have become a society that demands things now and often do not turn to God for guidance, and rarely do we patiently wait for his response. Instead we become frustrated, bitter, and cold and may just stop praying. My aunt shared something with me about prayer that goes along quite well with this...it is PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens). So be patient and continue to pray to God he will answer your prayer.



In God's Love,



Sarah



No comments: