Monday, July 12, 2010

Prayer

I usually post these only on my facebook account but thought I'd go ahead and post today's devotion here as well as I'd like it to reach as many people as possible... to create a large circle of prayer.

PRAY!!




Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer~Romans 12:12",And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying~Ephesians 6:18", "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful~Colossians 4:2", "pray continually~1 Thessalonians 5:17

As for today, God has laid it on my heart to write about prayer. It's been something that has been running through my mind a lot the last several weeks. You see so many of us say to others "I'll be praying for you", or "you've been in my prayers". I know I've said those words a lot lately as there seems to be a lot of people around me affected by loss, sickness, and tragedies. As I drove to work this morning I felt God almost lecturing me "Sarah, you need to pray for those you've said you would pray for". Yes I always pray when I say I will but it is usually just that day, and not a constant prayer for those who are grieving, sick, or hurt. I also felt God was telling me to share these prayer requests with others so we all can pray together, creating a circle of prayer. I remember a devotion mom wrote awhile back about a photograph my Uncle Larry took in which there was a group of people holding hands in prayer. Today I ask we create that unity and lift up these prayers to God:

1) a little baby born June 17th is currently in surgery for heart please pray for comfort for her family, and guidance for her surgeons, as well as speedy recovery for her. You can learn more about Baby Kaiya at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kaiyaaberle/mystory

2) The Nihart family, as I wrote a few weeks ago a classmate of mine died in an ATV accident leaving wife, 2 small children, sister, and his parents. I saw his sister at the pool Friday and was able to give my condolences and let her know I'd been praying, and I could feel the pain of greif she had.

3) A friend I went to high school with brother has cancer on his spine, and he and his son are having a difficult time accepting the diagnosis, please pray for Brent's health, and the rest of his family.

4) Another friend I went to high school with best friend committed suicide about a month ago please pray for Ben. I know he feels a lot of guilt and grief during this time.



Also, if you have any prayer requests please let me know I consider it a blessing to pray for others.



In God's Love,

Sarah



No comments: