Sunday, March 30, 2008

My 1st Dr's appointment

Well I am now 12 weeks along so had my first OB appointment on Friday, and the Dr said I was measuring somewhat small (which was surprising to hear since it seems like I already have a baby bump) but the heartbeat sounded good. She did go ahead and order a sonogram though to determine the due date since I have no idea because I have not had a period since before we got pregnant with Aiden (nearly 2 years!!!). Not that I'm complaining. Anyways, I was thankful that she ordered a sonogram because like I mentioned before this pregnancy has been much more difficult than Aiden's, and seeing a picture of the little guy or gal will be very reassuring. Speaking of guy or gal, the Dr said that if I was carrying another boy we may be able to tell by the sonogram next Thursday!!! But it will be very early so all the little boy parts may not yet be developed so if they are not present that doesn't mean we'll have a girl either. Regardless we'll have another one done at 20 weeks. I'm very excited about the sonogram, unfortunately Nathen has to work, but Aiden and Nana will be there with me. I'm excited to see how Aiden will react when he sees the little guy or girl on the screen. We'll post pictures next week of the sonogram. We hope you all are having a nice weekend.

No comments: