Sunday, August 26, 2007

Aiden slept through the night!!!!

What a nice weekend we have had. Last night Nathen and I went out on a date--okay dinner, and grocery shopping. Not much of a date, but we enjoyed getting some one on one time together, meanwhile Aiden was getting some special time with Grandma Eckstein. When we got home at 7:30 (yes we are quite the party animals huh?:) Aiden had just fell asleep, he woke up at 8:30, and I thought oh no he's going to be up every few hours (he had just gone to bed at 7). I fed him, and waited for him to wake again before turning in for the night, but by 9:30 I was ready to sleep. The next time I woke up it was 3:30 am!!! At first I was scared, worried that Aiden was not okay, but after tiptoeing into the nursery he was just fine peacefully sleeping. After relieving my sore boobs by pumping(sorry about too much info)---the only down fall of nursing is even if baby sleeps through the night mommy cant. I returned to bed, thinking Aiden will probably wake up now that I have no milk left for him.....but he slept until 5 am. Not only did he sleep over 8 hours without eating, but when he woke up he wasn't crying, but woke up with a smile. After feeding him at 5, he fell back to sleep with daddy in our bed. They looked so cute there sleeping, unfortunately the battery in our camera is dead:( Then he woke up for the day at 7:40 am. And we've had a fun day thus far with us both getting a good night sleep. I'm not sure if he'll do the same tonight or not, but if he does I'll again be thankful for the sleep, and if not, I'll appreciate the extra cuddle time I get with him in the middle of the night. So either way its a win-win situation. I promise to have some pictures in the next post. Getting camera batteries is on my to-do list:) Until next time, we hope you have had as nice a weekend as we've had.

1 comment:

LesleyH said...

Yeh, Aiden!!! How nice of you to give Mommy and Daddy some sleep. I am jealous:) I was happy when Nicky slept from 11pm til 5:30am the other day. Sleeping long stretches is not his forte. Glad you are kinder to your mother!