Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!!

Aiden, Nathen and I spent our 4th of July Holiday taking it pretty easy at home until the Annual Wamego 4th of July parade. One of the perks to living a block from Main Street Wamego is we were able to just walk to the parade and not have to worry about parking (its kind of funny to see Wamego hopping so much and people searching side streets for available parking). Aiden seemed to enjoy the parade, all the noises did not seem to bother him at all, although he seemed more amazed and interested in his hands than any of the floats. Aiden did a first today, he took 3 naps that were at least an hour long!!!! As I've mentioned before he usually only naps 30-45 minutes, but today he fell into my "ideal nap routine" after of course I'd almost given up on it:) I took advantage of the long naps by taking a nap myself during his first afternoon nap, and getting the house clean during his late afternoon nap. I'm hoping he'll stay in this routine for awhile so I can take advantage of the time to scrapbook. However, this evening he seems to be having trouble falling asleep so we'll see if the 3 long naps were worth it or not!:)
All of us were in need of some rest. We spent the weekend in KC celebrating my sister's pregnancy and attending her baby shower. Everyone thought Aiden was such a great baby, he really was on his best behavior the entire time, even on the 2 hour car ride home. It was fun to introduce him to relatives he had not met before and reconnect with those that saw him when he was first born. Below are a few pictures from our trip to KC. We all had a great time!

Aiden hangs out in Uncle Bill's arms for the first time. Uncle Bill is getting some practice for when his little one, Elizabeth Katherine arrives in October.

Aiden plays with Aunt Cammie, and her neice Mary while I sit back and enjoy the show:)

We hope that everyone had a safe, relaxing, and happy Holiday!

No comments: