Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Aiden is 3 months old!!!!

Aiden is now 3 months, its hard to believe that he is already that old, the time has really flown by quickly. We had our family connections appointment Monday, and Aiden now weighs 14 lbs 3 oz and is 24 inches long. I enjoy these appointments a bit more than the Dr appointments one because the family connections nurse is able to spend more time with us, two I work in the same building so know her personally, and lastly because they never involve shots!!! Anyways in addition to being measured we were informed that Aiden weight is in the 75th percentile, length is 50th percentile, and head circumference is 25th percentile ( I always thought his head looked smaller than other babies his age) but I'm not complaining--of all things to be smaller than normal I'd choose the head especially 3 months ago!!:) . And his height for weight proportion is in the 75th percentile which basically just means he doesn't look too skinny or fat---he's just right--which of course is what I thought:) We also got a lot of handouts on activities to do with Aiden, and was reassured that we are doing everything "right", even one activity that Nathen likes to do with him, pulling him by his arms to a sitting position. I thought our little guy was not strong enough for that yet, but I guess Nathen knew more than I did in that regard. Aiden is so lucky to have such a great daddy. I know some mommys that don't feel comfortable leaving their infant child with daddy for very long, but I must admit I look forward to the weekends when Nathen is home so I can do the grocery shopping by myself without worrying if Aiden is going to get fussy (which he never has yet), not to mention to have some time as a family all together. This past weekend I was gone for a few hours (we needed a ton of groceries!!) anyways, when I got home Nathen had Aiden bathed, changed several pooey diapers and had put Aiden down for a nap. I thought, geez I don't think I could have done it any better--what a reassuring thought for a mommy!!! Okay I guess I have bragged on Nathen enough for now.
While shopping Saturday I got Aiden a new "toy" a bebe pod which he seems to love, check out the photos. Also, Nathen being the loving daddy he is wanted to make sure we had some bathtime pics of Aiden that we can embarrass him by when he's older ---as we both have experienced!!
I have returned to work now for 2 weeks and so far everything is going well. I think I have a pretty good balance between work and home life. I've been appreciating every moment I get with Aiden, and he's recently returned to waking every 2-3 hours, so I'm looking at the middle of the night feedings as special bonding time for us since I'm not home as much as I was a few weeks ago.
Well that is all for now. Enjoy the pictures and comments that I think Aiden would add, he's talking up a storm, but only he knows what he's saying:)

"Mom, what are you doing taking pictures of me naked!!!"

"Man, I feel so much better after my bath, you should have seen the diaper I had right before, I must say I'm pretty proud of it:)""Look at me, no hands, this sitting up thing is pretty cool"

"Mom, let go I told you I'm a big boy and can do it all by myself, Dad please tell her to let go"

No comments: