Thursday, December 9, 2010

Yesterday's Devotion

Stuck in the MUD!




"He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.~ Psalm 40:2, NLT"



I apologize for the lateness of this, it has been a very busy, hectic, and not so good day!! BUT as I'm reflecting on my day I'm thankful for so many little things that happened that lifted me up. I'm going to appear to be complaining a bit just so you get some background on our day today...the positive stuff will come I promise:)The boys and I had a jammed packed day leaving the house at 9:30 and not returning until after 3. Our activities included a meeting, lunch with friends, and shopping with friends for a family we adopted. I was looking forward to crashing and relaxing with the boys after all this when I recieved a call around noon about another meeting tonight that I needed to attend, and I could find absolutely no one to attend in my place, and no one to watch the boys. Our shopping trip was close to a disaster both boys tired and cranky and couldnt quite understand shopping for toys that wern't for them~I'm still trying to figure out what I thought would happen taking them during their nap time their behavior was more my fault than theirs. Yes I literrally felt stuck in the mud with 2 cranky boys, and honestly was about on the verge of tears myself. I was in tears talking to Nathen at about 3 and said "I wish you could just come home", his response honestly surprised me~usually statements like this make him feel guilty and sometimes feel helpless and defensive, but his tone was so supportive and comforting saying "I wish I could too". Then I made one more call to another committee member to see if she could attend the meeting for me, she already had plans to have company for dinner but offered to watch my boys for me during the meeting. Once we got home thought I'd check my email since I hadn't all day, and there was a sweet email from a dear friend saying what a great friend and mom I was...boy did I need to hear that..slowly I was feeling less stuck!!! All of these little things were orchestrated by God's hands I believe that totally. All day I was feeling really guilty about dragging the boys around, and eventhough it was painful I think I got the message from God that I need to remember their needs first before worrying about what others think (I really thought since I'm President of MOMS Club I HAD to go shopping with the others, when in reality they didnt need me there, and would have understood if I didnt go). BUT God being a loving God he also put supports in for me by Nathen's response, a friends email, and another friends offer to watch the boys. So if you are feeling a bit stuck today/tonight remember there is always a loving hand in your relationship with God to help you out of the mud. I wish I would have read this verse earlier in the day, I think I would have felt a little more steadier on my feet!



In God'sLove,

Sarah



No comments: