Thursday, November 18, 2010

Today's Devotion


Being Thankful: Aiden and Evan




I will sing of the LORD's unfailing love forever! Young and old will hear of your faithfulness. Your unfailing love will last forever. Your faithfulness is as enduring as the heavens.~Psalm 89:1,2



Okay prepare for a few cute stories about the 2 cutiest boys I know because today I'm sharing why I'm thankful for these 2 little active boys! I must preface that my boys are not perfect and if you were in the mall today around 12:30 you would have seen, but today I want to share how my kiddos praise. I thought about doing 2 separate devotions one for each of them but so many of the stories include both of them so decided to combine into one devotion. Recently both of the boys have started singing the B-I-B-L-E song. It's so adorable Aiden will say "Evan sing it" and Evan will sing and dance with him. At bedtime we've in the last few months have been listening to KLOVE instead of bedtime music, mostly for me I thought--but the last couple of nights Evan has been raising his hands as I'm rocking him to sleep. Yes he's only 2 but I think he has an innate sense of what we are listening to is about God and so lifts his hands to worship. Now of course I would be thankful for my little guys if they didnt sing songs about Jesus but I honestly can't think of what could make me feel better as a mom than to see them dancing to christian music and singing sunday school songs. I believe that each child's life is a miracle regardless of the circumstances, and I feel blessed that I had no complications with either pregnancy, and both were born naturally as I wanted, and both are healthy! It breaks my heart when I read about families who have children who have a terminal illness, so today I'm praising and thanking God for granting Aiden and Evan into Nathen and our lives, and pray for all those families who have lost their little ones or have very sick children.



Oh and by the way I was the mommy in the mall, telling my boys to blow out birthday candles as way to calm them and well myself down, reflecting back I wonder if they'd respond better if I said "lets say a prayer to Jesus asking him to get out of here with no tears"~there were tears by both boys but not me so I consider it somewhat of an accomplishment:)



In God's Love,

Sarah:)





No comments: