Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today's Devotion

Thankful:Part 1, Military Families




"Unfailing love and truth have met together. Righteousness and peace have kissed! Truth springs up from the earth, and righteousness smiles down from heaven. Yes, the LORD pours down his blessings. Our land will yield its bountiful harvest.~Psalm 10-12"



Well Thanksgiving is exactly two weeks away so thought I'd write about being Thankful until the Big Day (I love Thanksgiving its one of my most favorite times of the year!) The Lord has blessed me tremendously so I have no doubt I'll be able to fill up 2 weeks pretty easy. Today being veterans day I'm thankful for all that have given their time, energy, and lives to serve our country. I've been more aware and thankful for the service military families provide in the last few years due to Nathen working on the road and knowing several military families who have husbands deployed. I hate having Nathen gone during the week but I know he's safe, can talk to him whenever i want, and know he will be home every Friday night. Most military wives may not even get to talk to their husbands or know where or what they are doing over seas, I can only imagine how anxiety provoking and stressful that could be. I try to thank those families for their service as well, I think so often we forget to thank our military. Our nation has its areas for improvements and flaws, BUT because of the sacrifice that military families of the past, and present have made we do have freedom beyond compare to other nations. As for the verse I chose to use today I just thought it was a beautiful picture of the love, peace, and truth we have in our LORD. And I'm so thankful that I live in a nation that I can share that with others and that is because of our military. I encourage you on this Veterans Day to say thank you to a military family, but don't stop there, when you do meet a military family remember to thank them for the sacrifices they've made to keep our country safe, and free.



In God's Love,

Sarah





No comments: