Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today's Devotion

God's Healing




"My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.~Psalm 73:26"



Regardless of your age I'm sure we've all felt as though our health was failing, our spirit weakening and realized through this that God is stronger than any ailment. Yesterday while I was checking a blog about a little baby boy recovering from cancer the parents shared a story about their neighbor's story of cancer. Although a neighbor the family didnt know this couple well because they usually live in Alaska, and this couple had never met the families' baby boy, but knew he had cancer. On a very difficult, trying, and stressful day these neighbors brought over pamplet and prayer journal to this young couple who felt overwhelmed and frustrated by the effects of continued chemo treatment for their 1 year old son to ensure the cancer does not return. Their neighbors story is quite amazing, basically the wife was diagnosed with cancer and her only treatment was prayer, refusing chemotherapy and radiation therapy and rather putting her faith in God, and praying constantly for HIS will to be done. I'm not sharing this story to discourage anyone from seeking medical treatment, we are blessed for the technologies and advances that have been made, but rather to just illustrate how one person's faith can lead to healing, she no longer has cancer. If God can perform such a miracle like that why not turn to him when I'm feeling weak? He is stronger than any ailment I could ever endure, and physically I'm rather healthy and need to remember to thank him for that as well. But when I'm feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and weak I need to turn to him and remember that my heart is strong as long as I allow HIM to work in me.



In God's Love,

Sarah:)

No comments: