Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today's Devotion

Always There


God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.The Lord Almighty is with us~Psalm 46:1,2,5,7

Today has been a challenging but rewarding day. Yes this is not a typo although it was quite challenging at the end of the day I feel I've grown, learned and yes even received an reward!

I'd been trying to figure out what scripture to use all day and trying to find the time to figure that out (not an easy task with 2 active boys:). And finally after my lovely blessings were asleep I read this chapter in Psalm and it was like a big pat on the back from Our Loving Heavenly Father saying "Sarah I've been here all day for you just waiting for you". Yes I did turn to God throughout the day, praying please help me manage my emotions and be a good mom today. And thankfully my mom was here today and we had a wonderful talk about how sometimes we can have everything but still feel down and defeated which often may be a spiritual attack from satan. Well not to sound too crazy I really felt I was being attacked today, my children were really pretty good today but I WAS NOT, I was cranky, snappy, irritable and just not portraying the Christian mother that I strive to be. As I read this verse tonight I found it interestingly comforting that "her" was used instead of him. Even way back then God understood the stressors that females face. No matter the stressor in our life nothing is too big for God even the worse attack by Satan is an easy battle for our Almighty God. We simply just need to recognize HIM as our ever present shelter and refuge during our troubled times because he is always there waiting to pick us up dust us off and set us back on the path again.

Even the youngest little hearts know that God is Always there, in the last few days I've noticed Aiden singing "he's always always there"....which I think is probably a song he heard on KLOVE Always by Switchfoot. We need to have that song running through our head, mind, and hearts daily just as he has here recently. Here are the lyrics to help you with that task:)

Switchfoot Always Lyrics Songwriters: Foreman, Jon;


This is the star, this is your heartThis is the day you were bornThis is the sun, these are your lungsThis is the day you were bornd I am always, always, always yoursAnd I am always, always, always yours





These are the scars deep in your heartThis is the place you were bornAnd this is the hole where most of your soul comes ripping outFrom the places you've been torn





And it is always, always, always yoursAnd I am always, I'm always, I'm always yours





Hallelujah, I'm caving inHallelujah, I'm in love againHallelujah, I'm a wretched manHallelujah, every breath is a second chance, yeah





And it is always, always, always yoursAnd I am always, I'm always, always yoursAlways, always, I'm always yours, I'm yoursAlways, always, I am always yours











In God's Love,



Sarah:)

No comments: