Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Today's Devotion

Godly Delight!




"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart~Psalm 37:3,4"



Okay I'm so sorry for the lateness of this today, no nap for Aiden and much needed fellowship with friends this afternoon.



It never ceases to amaze me how good I feel when I do what God wants me to do, and unfortunately it is still sometimes easier to go with the flow and go through the motions really not listening or fulfilling our Christian role that God has for us. I think this is a constant struggle for all of us Christians. This morning I was really butting heads and becoming quite frustrated with my boys, partly due to lack of sleep because Aiden didn't sleep well and partly because I did not pray for patience, support, and guidance to start my day...something I'm really trying hard to do daily. In the middle of my frustrated tyraid and huffing and puffing I noticed Aiden flipping through the pages of his Bible, the one he got from his granddad....its a real bible not a children's bible no pictures. I really think he was trying to get closer to God by looking at it and who knows maybe praying "God, please help mommy not loose her mind today". I'm not really sure but his actions helped me recognize that I needed to pray, realign my thinking, and appreciate the wonderful blessings that God has given me. I did pray for God to help me remain sane, patient and comforting not discouraging for my children. And would you know it as we visited Aiden's preschool both of them were on their best behaviors, listening, putting toys away, even lining up with the rest of the class, and as we were driving home I got a call from a good friend who came over and we visited, she even watched the boys so I could go on a run and then I got to hold another friends 5 day old baby. Our evening home was wonderful eventhough Aiden had no nap and a restless nights sleep last night, we spent most of the evening reading Bible stories that is what the boys wanted. We need to be more like our children and delight, be excited, and intrigued by the Bible instead of it just being on our "to do" list. I'm very guilty of this...you know just going through the motions, but not really living it. If we truely delight ourselves like I did tonight reading Bible story after bible story with my boys everything our heart desires will come true.



Blessings,

Sarah

No comments: