Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Todays Devotion

Love HIM like Children do






Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive and accept and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] positively shall not enter it at all.~matthew 10:15



Last night the boys, Sheldi, her girls and I all went to my parents church for their Vacation Bible School. Sheldi, Evan, Elle, and I hung out in the nursery while the others participated in all the activities, and learning that VBS offers, but all of us attended the beginning and ending worship time, and I must say it was an awesome thing to see all the children singing, raising their hands, and dancing for the Glory of God. Even Elle and Evan were having a great time, yes they are young, and probably do not realize they are singing and dancing about God, but that doesnt matter because in God's eyes children are welcome and accept HIM often times much easier than adults. As we all returned to Nana and Granddad's for a sleep over (where unfortunately me and my boys were the only ones who got much sleep) the big kids couldnt help but talk about what they learned and express their excitement for the next VBS. Its a challenge sometimes for me to keep the energy, excitement, and endurance going that comes with being an active Christian because sometimes the world and its challenges get in the way, but if we see God through the eyes of children our excitement, motivation, and energy will be renewed. So today, who cares what kind of day you've had know that God loves you as a child, and think back to those exciting times as a child when you heard your first bible stories, sang your first songs, or better yet asked him into your heart for the first time. I still remember that it was such a relieving, exciting time, and as I write this I will recall that memory anytime I become a complacent Christian.



In God's love,

Sarah

No comments: