Friday, January 29, 2010

Nothing else to do so blog...

Okay so I've read all of the blogs I follow, worked out, paid bills, and the boys are still napping so I thought I could do a blog post since its been awhile. I'll try to find something to write about:) The boys have been growing up very quickly its exciting and saddening at the same time. Aiden is on his way to reading. He's been very interested in letters for over a year but now he'll notice something like an apple on the table and say "Apple starts with A" when we'll give him a challenge as he loves to learn new things, like what else starts with A, and he'll quickly say "me, Aiden, does". He also is recognizing all of our names, Evan, Aiden, mommy and daddy. I'm not sure where he gets his brainy powers as both Nathen and I are not dumb we both graduated college but we both had to work really hard in school. I know Aiden isn't yet 3 but he sure seems really smart, and we are getting a little concerned that he will be bored in Kindergarten, but that is a ways off so we'll continue to follow his lead. Evan is also amazing us with his growth and smartness. He's very curious as I've said before but now he is communicating a lot more using his signs and gestures. He continues to be our little cute, button pushing little guy. He knows how be onery and seems to get quite a kick out of it. But he is also our sweet little snuggle bug and becoming daddys little helper more and more. Last week I did nursery after our church service, and Nathen took Evan grocery shopping so I could actually help more in the nursery. Nathen came back in awe of how well behaved Evan was and admitted that he needed to spend more daddy time with just him. So we are both looking forward to watching their relationship grow. It does make me somewhat sad though to see my little babies turning into boys, and moving away from needing me as much, but I'm so thankful that they have such a great daddy. And they all do a good job of trying to include me although I'm not much for tackle football....my boys are already playing football!! I do treasure all the moments I have with them as they do grow up so fast. I'm doing a bible study, The Power of One Thing, and it has really helped me retune my thinking. I'm trying to view things positively no matter what it is. An example, today we went out to lunch with some friends and towards the end Aiden began walking around the resturant without me. Instead of thinking "that little guy is not doing what he's suppose to, we need to leave asap" I thought, "he wants to see all the new faces in this place" and took him by the hand explaining that it was not okay for him to leave the table without me but we could walk around and look at the different faces in the resturant together, he took my hand and we walked around, went to the bathroom and left with no tantrums, fits, or tears. A successful outing!:) I challenge whoever reads this to try it yourself...think of things in a positive way not always jumping to the negative, it really makes a difference in how your day goes, at least it does for me. Another thing I've taken from this Bible study is letting Jesus' light shine through me more, so I've started putting daily bible verses on facebook page. I was initially very nervous about offending people, but now I look forward to it everyday because I know I'm doing what God wants me to (and it hasnt hurt that I've only receive positive comments from my FB buddies) Okay the boys are still napping and I have not much else to say so I guess I'll just snuggle up w/ Evan whose on our bed for a little nap myself.:)

No comments: